Thursday, July 14, 2016

Learning Community Not Facts

From seven years ago all the way to the present day - LEAF has made many changes in the ecological world. I thought this was influential. Especially this year because I have learned much more than last year like how the Tomales Bay was two different plates that were split up and then ocean water spilled inside the crater. Also that printing has been developed from scrolls to books to today’s technology - like I’m writing on now. I was really surprise when Todd told me about LEAF’s Natalia selling the LEAF water bottles to her schoolmates and how she would do all this stuff to make sure that people were drinking lots of water everyday until they drank for 21 days straight. I realized that LEAF leaves a huge impact on people who go to this camp. It’s true that we learn a lot every year but we also change from what we’ve learned and how we learned it. LEAF is an amazing camp in it own way not only because of where we explore but because of our wonderful teachers. They’re always energetic making the class exiting. Because of this we learn more and more every year even though we were at the same place the year before. Finally LEAF has surprised me every year - what I learned this year was about community, not facts.

~ Vivi

No comments:

Post a Comment