Thursday, July 21, 2016

We see a lot of LEAF!


This week I've seen a lot of Leadership, Ecology, Action, and Fellowship. I saw leadership at SPAWN when the interns taught us about the history and mission of SPAWN, macroinvetebrate sampling, invasive species removal, and native plant seed collecting. I saw ecology at the farm today when we worked the compost piles and put compost on the plants. I saw action and fellowship when we handed out the flyers we created for each of the organizations we support.

~ David

I learned that there are a lot of macroinvertebrates in streams and that planting is a lot of hard work. I can't wait for tomorrow and Friday, the last days of LEAF.

~ Jae

This week, I feel like I have noticed a lot of fellowship because on Monday we did a lot of trust/team games. Tuesday, we worked in teams at SPAWN. Wednesday (today), we worked in teams at the People's Farm, while handing out flyers, and at the Heart of the City Farmers Market. Another thing I have noticed this week is leadership, because even though we don't always have clear leaders, people will take leading roles to guide others (which connects back to fellowship).

~ JP

No comments:

Post a Comment