Thursday, July 14, 2016

We Should Do More To Help

My first day of camp was a blast! Preparing and serving food at Glide has taught me to be grateful of the food that is placed on my table and getting to choose what I have in my meals. It made me feel both sad and happy for the people who came to eat the food we had prepared for them and went to join their friends at a table. Most of them came in feeling depressed but, when I handed them their cup they gave me a smile, said "thank you " or even said my name and it made me want to keep on going because we had so many others waiting in line, and after like the 5th person who said "thank you" I had a whole new idea about these people. I know we've heard that "Oh they're so bad and scary" but, is it really who they are? These people could've been living a great life like you one day and maybe someone in their family had lost a job or they couldn't pay the rent anymore but, I don't think these people deserve a life on the street or not have enough money to live in a house and I think that Glide is a great organization and we should do more to help them.

~ Polina

No comments:

Post a Comment